Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Oct 2009 00:05:20 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Another Update: Only 13V from Alternator
Comments: To: Steve Williams <sbw@SBW.ORG>

When it comes to alternator operation, voltage is only one part of an equation. What is the current being delivered. With a lot of batteries it is possible to load an alternator down but you need to measure the current. Above 2,000 rpm the alternator should be able to deliver close to 90 amps at 13.8 volts. Output will drop at idle.

Dennis