Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 21 Oct 2009 02:12:47 -0400
From:         W Monk <billmonk@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Updated for sale list

Anyone who has already bought parts off me they have all been shipped. I'll be emailing everyone personally first thing in the morning. What I still have for sale plus some new stuff:

Mahle German made lifter set. Brand new in box,the lifter themselves are still sealed in the own little plastic bags: 100.00 set 8

New never used aluminum collapsible lifter tube. Its the better well made one that is machined from aluminum. Has a new seal on each end ready to be used. I kept it in my travel spare part kit: 12.00

VW Vanagon syndrome factory repair cable in great shape. I bought this one for around 300.00 a couple years ago. 100.00

German made waterpump paid 60.00 for it. Has three months of age with 5,000 miles on it. Great spare or new enough to use as a replacement. Might have extra gaskets for it. Extra gaskets not guaranteed. Show no wear $25.00/offer

The metal coolant ring on my 87 is in really good shape. Some minor surface rust where the hoses slid on. Nothing that wouldn't remove with piece of steel wool. Van was from dry Arizona and always had its cooling system maintance done. Would have to take some time to package safely. I would tape to a thick piece of cardboard or really thin plywood then find a thin box to pack it in. Make me an offer to cover my time and make a few bucks.

Offers taken on other engine parts like metal coolant pipes all in perfect shape off 2.1,most rubber hoses are only three months old,oil cooler is only three months old (will come with new factory o-ring),fuel tee w/pressure tap.pressure regulater, alternator brackets,power steering pump(casing is dry no leaks),brackets for power pump,s shaped air boot,ect..

Two 87 ECU's one is known good working other was spare I kept from parts van. I did try this on my 91 a few years back and it worked fine then. Its from a manual. 125.00 shipped for the pair/offer

Decent shape fuel injection harness from the ECU connector to the engine compartment. A few of the spade connectors like the ones on the powersteering switch have been replaced or will need replacing. All the other connectors are in good shape.100/offer Two hundred for both the ECU's and the harness together.

Make any reasonable offer on any of the above. If you think I am asking way to much for something point it out to me. I'll either lower the price or keep it with some other parts I am saving.

Rebuilt 2.1 longblock from www.suburbanengine.com . If you go to the engine pictures the boxxer there is the motor you will be getting. They used it for a photo session. It was rebuilt with all new piston,cylinders,lifters,amc head that they replaced the valves, and a machined flywheel. Was broken in for 800 miles the rest of the 5,000 miles on the motor were from a cross country trip. I picked the motor up in May. Installed it June where I put the first miles around town and to work. In middle July went part way cross country and back. Motor is being pulled in the next day or so. Was supposed to go up this week but instead going next week back up to Gary's shop (suburban engine) where he is going to replace the rear main seal. He wants to inspect himself to see how/why it failed. It was the rear main that came with a gasket set he got. Was a good quality set(Victor Reinz I think,but he is going to install one that came directly from VW. So it will be at his shop near Boston next week I can deliver is that area or even more north. How far depends on how much you pay for gas. $2000.00

Email me for pictures of questions...

Bill a seal he got directly from VW