Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Oct 2009 09:22:44 -0400
From:         W Monk <billmonk@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      parts for sale

As some of you already know I am getting rid of the just rebuilt 2.1 I installed a little over 4 months ago and putting in a Zetec. I love the Zetec conversion and the tinkering you can do with the obd2 connection. I live just over an hour away from the Bostig guys so I have been able to see,feel and drive the conversion in various forms. Plus the fact that Jim extended his hand to help me with my tiico conversion I had in another van and Brady helped me when I broke down in Vermont (not only helped me trouble shoot the problem but let me drive his syncro with Zetec to get the part I needed) shows what stand up guys they are. I have one of the brand new Zetec motors hanging from my engine lift in the garage right now. I am now going to sell of the all the new parts I just installed with the rebuild and some other spare I have. I have been listing some of the parts on thesamba.com,but will give you guys a shot at them for a bit less.

Set of 8 brand new in the box and each lifter still in the plastic from supplier Meyle German made lifters 100.00

Mostly complete exhaust only parts not new are the cat (its been hollowed out but has new o2 installed) and the cast iron elbow that was in perfect shape. All the other pipes and muffler were new when rebuild was installed. Includes the two new muffler straps and I believe I have some spare new gaskets to go with it 250.00/offer

Bosch New not rebuilt (was new when rebuild was installed) distributer with the newer style hall sendor 150.00

2.1 rebuilt by the new owner of Boston engine has 5,000 miles on it from cross country trip. Has all new pistons,cylinders,lifters, amc heads that the valves were replaced on,new oil pump,valve covers,bails and resurfaced flywheel. I am bringing it back to Gary as the rear main was dripping oil (they have sinced switched to VW oem rear main seals) to have the rear main replaced next week. Can be picked up in Boston or CT later next week. Will deliver to the New England area with prior arrangments made. It has a warrnty still to next March. $2000.00 (will include German waterpump installed and most of the metal coolant pipes and some new hoses)

Four injectors that were rebuilt,flow tested, and painted. New fuel lines and fuel rails. They were just done then installed on the above rebuild that is for sale. 100.00

Used 2.1 Distributer. In perfect shape of a wrecked van that had around 60,000 miles on it. Was my just in case spare. Has a decent used cap and rotor on it. 50.00/offer

If there is something you need from the engine compartment let me know. The rebuilt AFM and the new thermostat housing/cover have already been sold. It will all be shipped from CT 06355 If you have any questions email me and I will send you my telephone number if you want to talk.

B.