Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 Oct 2009 12:58:39 +0000
From:         Robert Johnson <robertj90@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Propane Tank Valve

Thanks Everyone !

I thought the valve would be a special order item,

but  was hoping it would be available locally!

Sounds like I can just run up to

one of the larger propane suppliers

and have them install one for me.

& Yes, without a tag,

I have been turned away from some of the "proper" propane folks.

But the local U-Haul place had no problems filling it.

Unfortunately, that's when I found out it wouldn't completely shut off.

thanks again,

RJ

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Beierl" <dbeierl@attglobal.net> To: robertj90@COMCAST.NET Cc: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 12:43:51 PM GMT -07:00 US/Canada Mountain Subject: Re: Propane Tank Valve

At 10:17 AM 10/21/2009, Robert Johnson wrote: >Does anyone have any info on a replacement valve

I expect you mean the shutoff valve and "excess-flow[-preventing]" POL spud that the regulator fastens to.  Any RV or LP place should have the valve.  The male POL fitting with the internal over-flow shutoff is an RV item but you should be able to use the old one if necessary.

>I found a company called Manchester Tank

They built the tank.

>But I don't know how to describe my valve to them.

Try the above.  Anywhere, not just Manchester.

>Unfortunately the tag is not on my tank.

RV and gas people may refuse to work on it on that account.  But if you take them the valve itself I'm sure they'd have no trouble matching it.  Remember, if you use PTFE pipe tape for assembly is has to be the yellow "gas-approved" kind.  Otherwise you must use pipe dope, PTFE or otherwise.

Yrs, D