Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 25 Oct 2009 17:34:53 -0700
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: back seat, '91 camper
Comments: To: "mcneely4@cox.net" <mcneely4@cox.net>

Dave,

You can always add the child's seat tether plus rightside shoulder belt. The driver's side is too challenging because of the rear closet. It is possible to add removable headrestraints to thy rear bench.

If all you need is additional seating, you can do one of three things. You already about jumpseats.

You can add a 2-person bench by adding the tracks from a regular van. The threaded holes should already ne there under your floor board. The biggest hassle during install is cutting the wood subfloor for the tracks. 2-person benches are easier to come by than any other seat that came on Vanagons. They come with lapbelts. Shoulder belts are possible bur a bit inconvenient to use. Headrest holders are just a matter of popping in the inserts. BTDT. The downside is you cannot open the fridge door when the seat is on place. Slide it out at the campground. The tracks are so sturdy that one listvendor used it for a sliding carrier for an engine. There is a single person seat that can used in the same tracks but does not buy you as much.

OK, if you have the resources, find a 2-person front a passenger seat. Those slide in place of the single seat. You will need to cobble up a rear support as those are designed to ne held in place by the steel bulkhead used in 9-passenger vans andost Dokas. Supply is likely easier in Canada than the US.

Regards,

BenT Sent from my mobile device