Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 Oct 2009 17:22:41 -0700
From:         Matthew Snook <matt@SNOOKSBAND.COM>
Subject:      Re: Suburban Type Furnace Install;

http://www.justsnipe.com

"... The key to successful bidding is knowing what you're willing to pay (for me that means I get a real "deal") and being willing to let the item go..."

Yup. And if you follow this principle, you don't even need to watch the auction or use a sniper; that's the way ebay was set up to begin with. Just submit your reasonable bid and forget it. If the watchers bid it up, last minute or not, it's no longer a good deal - and you didn't miss a thing! :) If it stays low you get the 'pennies' deal...

Matt P.S. and since a couple of folks I know are bidding, I'll just skip it!

-----Original Message----- From: Jeffrey Olson Subject: Re: Suburban Type Furnace Install;

I bid on the unit referenced in an earlier email and the price is not going to end up being "pennies." It's got three days left on it, and people like me jack the price up.

If you're really interested, there is a technique that is pretty successful. Open up two browser windows to the item next to each other. In one window put your highest reasonable bid and take it to the next-to-last screen. In the other window, monitor price changes in the last ten minutes of the auction. There is a little icon to refresh. About 10 seconds before the auction ends, submit your bid.

If there is no activity you know that you're likely to win the item. If there is lots of activity from naive bidders, you know you might not get it because of the "frenzy" some people get caught up in when they think they want something enough to spend more than it's worth. The key to successful bidding is knowing what you're willing to pay (for me that means I get a real "deal") and being willing to let the item go.

Regardless, you submit your bid 10 seconds before the auction ends.

Jeffrey Olson Martin, SD