Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 30 Oct 2009 22:59:29 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Suburban Type Furnace Install;
Comments: To: Karl Mullendore <tdiguru@WESTYVENTURES.COM>

Where did that 75% efficiency rating come from? Although it is probably close. Looking at the btu input/output specs on the Propex site you get ~93% which is really good for any furnace. At these high efficiencies you get some water vapor condensation in the exhaust. Larger furnaces that work this way are often known as condensing furnaces.

Consider that with the US style furnaces you get a lot more heat which means run time will be a lot less.

For the Vanagon I like the Propex due to the small size and quiet operation.

The compression fitting should be replaced with a flare. It would be nice if someone could get these UL or FM listed and make them main stream here in the US.

Dennis