Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Oct 2009 15:44:16 -0700
From:         Peter DiFalco <peter.difalco@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Screen for non-camper

I really want side screens for my camper. I've read the list archives, searched around. I understand that there are aftermarket screens which can be locked in place for the non-camper sliding windows, and then there are improved reproductions for the Westfalia camper slider windows. In my infinite impatience, I've ordered a late-model Westfalia sliding door window to put in my 89 non-camper. One appealing aspect of the Westy window + screen combo is that it's safe to drive with screen installed, which means I don't need to store anything. But now I'd like to know, before I have it installed and buy a replacement screen for it, which provides more total screen area (=better airflow): a lock-in screen for the non-camper slider (opens 50/50) or a reproduction Westfalia screen for that window (which opens only 30/70 I understand)? I'm trying to decide if I should just stick with the windows I have because they will end up having better airflow since they open further.

Any opinions from list members who have seen both types of screens?

I am specifically not interested in the magnetic screens that go on the windows. It's a storage and style issue for me.

Thanks,

Peter 89 Wolfsburg which we really should name