Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 2 Nov 2009 09:32:14 -0800
From:         John Anderson <wvukidsdoc@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Peloquin torque biasing differential

Yeah, though Troy's point needs to be well taken about Quaife style (Peloquin being the biggest oldest ripoff of such) differentials.  They are torque biasing, but you still need traction with both wheels.  Not a lot, but some.  If one wheel is in the air, it ain't a locker and you won't move; you will with a full locker, you might even with a strong clutch pack limited slip, but not with a Quaife.  But for general purpose slick or high power low grip conditions, the one's I've had in FWD VWs have been very nice.   Now if the T2 market was only big enough to force price down like the FWD VW market was.  (When Peloquin first started making them, the price war drove Quaife and Peloquin down about $500 from where Quaife had been prior to the war.)   Anyone running one in the front differential of a syncro BTW, I've wondered how handling would be, I assume it would fit in the carrier fine?   John