Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 3 Nov 2009 15:18:26 -0500
From:         W Monk <billmonk@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: looking for wolfsburg jump seat female wire seat belts and
              suggestion on mountin
Comments: To: Mtbdavid2@aol.com

David, I don't have the belts you want but I am just bought a set to install in my van. Actually only going to install the one behind pass as I have a Westy. I followed what another list member did and welded a small section of tubing to a small flat 1"wide by 2" long steel. If you don't have a welder or access to one I have seen what another Vanagon owner did. He used a two large allen bolts and then bolted them to the floor. He then drilled the head out to accept the legs on the bottom of the seat. He said he got the bolts at the local hardware store. It provided a very rugged mounting point.

Bill