Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 4 Nov 2009 06:57:49 -0800
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Gen Set

I, too, think that generators are really bad when camping. Why someone would assume that other people within earshot of their generator noise are not being constantly bothered by that irritating noise has always puzzled me. Running a generator in a quiet public environment is very selfish. They make noise. Just for YOU. They aren't really necessary. If decide you simply must have electrical devices in use, quiet power is fair to other's who happen to have you camped near them. Nobody should be forced to listen to generator noise when their neighbors decide to Zap some popcorn and watch TV or whatever . There are plenty of more considerate ways to provide yourself with electrical power if you simply must have it. Generators really belong in environments where their noise is going to be drowned out..Job sites, Race tracks, Football stadium parking lots, Off Road vehicle parks, etc. Even the quietest tiny little gen-set.. Noisy and very similar to a sonic toothache...nagging, like a drippy faucet... Go solar, wind, battery, please! Don Hanson