Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 1 Nov 2009 06:49:12 -0800
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: "Rrrr, rrrrr,
              rrrr..skritch skritch...rrr rrr " (speedo noise?) Resolved

Thanks to all who replied..problems fixed.

First I squirted some spray lube (SABesto 2000, Wurth) down the speedo cable, which helped a little. Then I got some long needlenose pliers and took hold of the speedo cable just below the upper end fitting to get it better aligned with the instrument back, better than I could do with my fingers in that cramped space. That allowed me to get it to "click-on" properly. I still had an irritating 'whirring' sound, so I again removed the cable and, using a spare peice of vacuum line on the small 'straw-like' nozzel of the spray lube, I gave a small shot of lube up into the bushing in the rear of the speedo.. Problem solved. Don Hanson