Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 4 Nov 2009 15:04:22 -0500
From:         Rowan Tipton <uther@DRAGONHOME.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Gen Set
Comments: To: Mister Tom <TomsGroups@SALICOS.COM>

> I'd love to have the option of quiet areas, in addition to the > farcical > "quiet hours". I find van camping among the tent sites is usually > quieter > if it's allowed. > > I think we have a problem because the giant RVs and obnoxious > campers PAY > MONEY to camp and if the campground owners/managers make them behave > they > might not come back. Barking dogs and screaming kids are just part > of the > campground culture now.

i usually camp in primitive campground with no hookups and no room except for the smallest RVs and trailers or just out in the boonies not in a campground at all. to be honest, i'd rather just spend the night in a rest area or walmart somewhere and then drive to somewhere isolated than camp with huge RVs.

I remain, as always YrLyl&ObdntSrvnt,