Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 5 Nov 2009 14:44:07 -0500
From:         W Monk <billmonk@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Shoulder injury dangers, was Re: Gen Set
Comments: To: mark drillock <mdrillock@cox.net>

Any Vanagon owner that is lucky enough to live near you should be dropping off donuts and coffee at least every other week to stay on your good side. Your ability and knowledge of these beasts impresses me everytime. I have made a folder that saves a copy of all your posts here and on the Samba plus the many ones you sent me when we troubleshot by coolant gauge issues. You really really should consider writing the vanagon idiots guide to repair,ownership and upgrades. I still have a box with a bunch of new temp guage sendors and thermostats from different sources that I compared to each other. I used heated water,an ohm meter and a thermometer to compare. If you want to fool with the stuff let me know and I'll send it to you. I ended using the most accurate one in my Westy. You would be amazed at the difference between the 3 or 4 different brands.

Bill