Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 5 Nov 2009 22:21:12 -0500
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      USAA now open to all w/honorable service.

Great outfit, highly recommended. With a little arm-twisting they will write RV coverage for a Westy, which is a) slightly cheaper and b) covers all factory-installed equipment and furniture. I was also able to talk them into fixing Dutiful Passage instead of totalling it back in the early '90s.

Incidentally USAA Bank credit cards also have reasonable interest and highly reasonable "default rates" as well as less stringent requirements to stay off the default rate. My current rates are ?prime plus 1%? with 6% minimum for both purchases and cash, and 12% default rate. I've been at 6% for a long time. 1% surcharge for foreign transactions, regardless of currency -- dunno if that includes Canada. As a bank, they don't have local offices but they refund all ATM charges across the board.

Too bad I don't get a finder's fee... :)