Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 6 Nov 2009 16:47:59 -0500
From:         W Monk <billmonk@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Frydat - News
Comments: To: Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@gmail.com>

My kids are now 10 and 11. I have been reading to them almost nightly since my daughter was born. Now as they have been getting older we take turns and they read to me. More than once I have been woken up by my wife as I have fallen asleep in their beds with them. When the weather is nice I'll pop the top on the Westy and as the breeze comes off the water we'll read up there for a bit. I have always told them reading is the gateway to your imagination. In fact my daughter was reading Harry Potter in Kindergarten! My son was reading Pre-K but more simpler stuff like Dick and Jane books. They get their brains from my wife side of the family so don't fear there is hope for them. They did get inflicted with the vw virus from me though. It has been known to spread from personal contact or even if one that is a "carrier" touches a door knob. Then some unknowing soul touches the same door knob and rubs their eyes,touch mouth, or nose. Can be infected with the VW virus. There is no cure. Just need to treat with an ample supply of VW's project to work on and drive!! Every time I read one of your posts Roger I always think to myself that your skill with using the English language you could write an excellent set of wedding vows. Something that would sound really really romantic but just be a fancy way of saying,"We love each other and now everything I have is yours." Our buddy David B. is equally a talented writer. I might see if I can enlist him to write me a speech for a benifit dinner I have to attend in December. I am still trying to figure out the i before e except after c rule....