Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 1 Nov 2009 20:49:45 -0900
From:         Troy <colorworks@GCI.NET>
Subject:      Frank's Grates are Great IMNSHO
Comments: To: eric_ley@HOTMAIL.COM

<<I purchased my Grills from Frank about 2 years ago so far no warping just color change which looks pretty good anyway, was so pleased with them that I bought a second set for my wife's Westy that is sitting in the driveway waiting for me to upgrade the motor.>>

Geesh, makes me wonder if I somehow got a bad set? I originally tighten them down pretty pretty snug, and then e-mailed Frank to describe the problem. He told me to just make them snug, which I did. They were twisted fairly bad. I took them off and tried to flatten them the best I could, but they just never stayed flat, and got pretty tired of the rattling from having to keep them on the loose side. Oh well. I'm tickled pink with the homemade stainless steel tubing I installed, and will just have to chalk this up to a bad experience. Glad to hear that others had better success than me, but based on my experience I certainly would not recommend them. If however, you are considering a Peloquin limited slip differential, two thumbs up! Great invention and worth every penny;)

Troy