Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 11 Nov 2009 19:30:02 -0600
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: GPS recommendations?
Comments: To: Loren Busch <starwagen@gmail.com>

But it won't translate in real time. I had a program I used for years with the older garmin that put out NMEA. I could take any map, assign lat/lon to three places on the map, and I could see myself on it on a laptop. Can't do that anymore, thanks to garmin. It was fun to see myself on old highway maps, historic maps, etc. No more, so no more Garmin for me.

Jim

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 7:03 PM, Loren Busch <starwagen@gmail.com> wrote: > On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Jim Felder <jim.felder@gmail.com> wrote: >> >> Love my TomTom. Would never own another Garmin product after buying an >> eTrex Vista C... great product, but came, for the first time I know >> of, without NMEA standard data interface, so you are trapped with >> using--and paying dearly for--Garmin-only applications. > > Ran into the same problem until I found online a program called GPSBabble. > It will translate (so far at least) any file format to any other.  And IIRC > it's free. >