Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 11 Nov 2009 22:29:54 -0500
From:         TJ Hemrick <x53gunner@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: vanagon Digest - 11 Nov 2009 - Special issue (#2009-981)

All, Shortly after getting my Jetta back that blew it's tranny while on a business trip in Jacksonville FL (about 3 hours from home), My 87 Wolfie's motor gave up the ghost. I got the Jetta back via AAA premier as it was just under their 200 mile limit so it was well worth the money and I got them for a flatbed to boot. The motor in the Wolfie dropped dead on the way to a meeting in Daytona (about 1.5 hours away). I told the boss, NO MORE MEETINGS! Anyhow, I have neither the time not the inclination to rebuild the motor so I'm searching for anyone who has a good running 2.1 that they may have pulled for a swap or a trashed/parted out Vanagon. The closer to FL the better but I will handle the shipping and cover your costs for packing (as long as they're reasonable). I'm not totally against doing a motor but a simple swap would be best. Had I seen it coming (it's leaking oil faster than I can pour it in, among other issues that came up when it died) I would be swapping for a Zetec a-la Bostig but I need a runner to get back and forth to my new job for a few months while I save some scratch and get in on the next build from Bostig. It's too bad a diesel swap isn't as easy as a Bostig or the Jetta would be missing it's 1.9 TDI this Saturday... :)

TJ 87 Wolfie 2.1/Auto