Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 12 Nov 2009 19:32:40 -0900
From:         Will Taygan <lists@ALASKABIODIESEL.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Any Suggestions for 24-hour,
              straight through driving road trip??

Buddy drove up the Alaska Highway from Seattle last year in a Eurovan with the rear bed by taking 5-6 hour shifts with his father-in-law and sleeping on the off shifts. Yikes!

Wife's co-worker works graveyard. Takes prescription provigil (non-stimulant amphetamine?) for the 5 hour commute home and switch to days off.

Will in Alaska.

On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 23:31 +0000, Richard Golen wrote: > Good Evening! > > > My wife, son and I are going to take our Westy on a road trip next week from our house (south of Boston) to Sarasota, FL. It appears to be a 24 hour trip. My wife thinks it would be neat to making the trip non-stop (other than gas, food, etc.). > > Admittedly some 25+ years ago I would do this at a drop of the proverbial drop of the hat, and in fact have done it a couple of times. But being an "old fart" I have some trepidations in doing a straight through drive. My endurance, eye sight, etc. ain't what it used to be. > > The plan is to leave next Friday at 6pm drive through the night and arrive early Sat evening. > > Any hints, suggestions, etc? Red Bull? "speedballs"? espresso? 3 hrs driving, 3hrs off?? > > I don't want to end up stuffed in a guard rail somewhere en route. > > > Thanks in advance! > > > Ric > > > > > _________________________________________________________________ > Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft’s powerful SPAM protection. > http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/