Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 9 Nov 2009 13:22:16 -0800
From:         Mike Miller <mwmiller@CWNET.COM>
Subject:      Re: Auto Haulers and archives
Comments: To: Pat Sloan <pmsloan@SHAW.CA>

There is one company whose name I've obliterated from my memory. They quoted lower, added 10% [or the driver did] on delivery [yes it was in the contract, about page 53. I hadn't gotten that far] and said they give out something like $200 in rebates. But to get the rebates you had to spend more than $100 in a calendar month to get $20 from one particular store. Then if you did that for 10 straight months you'd get the $200 that way. Fat chance. The stores were mostly big chain stores but I don't spend that kind of money for 10 straight months.

Sigh. They were based in NY I believe. So beware.

Mike