Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 Nov 2009 11:08:35 -0500
From:         W Monk <billmonk@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Service Interval, Real Wheel Bearings
Comments: To: Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@sbcglobal.net>

Rich, Do you recall when you had the Cv's replaced last time did they replace the entire axles as an assembly? Did they pull off just the cv joints and replace them? The reason I ask is that I have not had very good luck with the complete axles. The quality is just not the same as when you replace the joints with Lobro units. Something to investigate and consider if you don't do any mechanical work yourself. Honestly replacing the cv's is a good job for a first timer. Not only will you save money you will also learn how to self rescue yourself in the future if you have a break down. Then on the flip side I often feel that those who have no mechanical ability or knowledge drive with less worry than those who do. At least thats the way it appears to me.

Bill