Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 17 Nov 2009 11:54:16 -0800
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: [WetWesties] etka on line with registration
Comments: To: BenT Syncro <syncro@gmail.com>

dear importer ... Unless you are willing to make these sort of compromises, you have no business owning a graymarket import. .. ben couldnt have said it any better ...

i had our weird machine at Go westy and they said they had never seen anything like it before ... Scott in medford oregon said ... one sweet ride ... anyway ... mine is so odd that the online etka i sent around shows a flat air filter ... mine is round like a tube indeed vw etka and a knowledgeable vanagon parts man could not make heads or tails of my requests ... so i knew one thing ... that industrial applications have tube like filters .. so off to tractor supply store in ohio where i was visting ... turns out a John Dear filter is the same ... right down to the plastic spacer ... spent half an hour with measure tape in hand and my filter cartridge /... if you are looking to own a vehicle that will not show up on a parts catalog ... you need to know how to search ... and be creative ...

my model has a fuel enrichment cable ... the handle pulled off ... while in vancouver, bc i went to a vw /euro parts store the guy got very weird when i walked in with the parts number ... he said he would not order until i should him my full documentation of import ... as if he was the vw /border services police...???? i told him it would be very unlikely i would show him any such documents ...

(i even have original service records from da fadder land ) those are nobodies business to see either ... i will order parts or find at a wreckers sometime somewhere some day

i placed a marine fuel filter in place when i could not locate the OEM sealed canister and so it goes ... yours

-- roger w From Proverbs: Under three things the earth trembles, under four it cannot bear up: a servant who becomes king ... ---------------------------------------------------------- Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://revver.com/find/video/?query=LastonLastof&search_on=owners and ... older work at http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7135104650374818257 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3259745150182742364