Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 Nov 2009 08:55:18 -0800
From:         aatransaxle <daryl@AATRANSAXLE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Should I replace my transmission?

All of us rebuilders have these issues from time to time. Its the nature of the beast when dealing with 20+ yr old trannys and vehicles unfortunately... Using the custom gear sets, we have some occasional noise from 3rd or 4th gear sets that don't seat well together unfortunately. (about 1 in 30 or 40 I would say) They are a courser cut of teeth to be stronger, but are not as quiet as the factory weaker teeth. No way to tell till they are in the gearbox and runnin down the road. Most seat in after 5K unless they are driven hard right out of the barn and put away wet.

Daryl of AA Transaxle (doin well so far) 425-788-4070 ----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Daniel - Turbovans" <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 3:36 PM Subject: Re: Should I replace my transmission?