Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 Nov 2009 17:47:56 -0500
From:         Ken Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Do I need to remove AC condensor to replace my radiator?
Comments: To: Tom Lambas <twlambas@GMAIL.COM>

Tom, yes use ramps. You will have to remove the spare tire carrier and remove the two hoses to drain the radiator. Unhook the wiring to the fan. Remove the lower grille and unplug the fan switch and remove this a well. Now you want to trace the AC hoses back about two feet from the condenser and remove all of the clamps that hold the lines to the body. Now you should be able to drop the radiator, fan shroud and condenser straight down and then tilt it back so the condenser is on the ground (have something soft to sit it on). Remove the fan shroud and set it to the side. Now there are two phillips head screws on the top of the condenser. remove them and the radiator hinges away from the condenser. Now you can install your new radiator and put things back together. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything.

Ken Wilford John 3:16 www.vanagain.com

Tom Lambas wrote: > Thanks, > > It looks like when I lower the radiator and condenser partway I can remove > the screws on top of the condenser. This should allow me to separate them > and remove the radiator without disconnecting the AC lines. Does this seem > right? Will I need to ramp the front for clearance? > > Thanks again, > Tom > >