Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 Nov 2009 21:03:55 -0600
From:         joel walker <uncajoel@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon !Si! (good features) little long

> Yeah, there are some quirks, but those well known on our list. I > acknowledge the quirks but not many have mentioned how well the > whole > 'Package' seems to work and why they think so..So I did. Any one > got any > more good stuff to add?

i personally really like the fact that vanagons have the triangle vent window, instead of the more common full-window glass (like the eurovan). i just like vent windows. it gives me a choice that i don't have in other cars today. can't even think of any car or truck out there now that has them.

i also prefer the round headlights ... all the late model cars i've driven seem to have really bad light patterns ... the price, it seems, of styling over function. i prefer the round ones so much more that i've converted most of the 86-91 buses to the 80-85 round headlights.

i also like having the gas filler on the passenger side ... that means i can get out of the bus without worrying about banging my driver's door against the pump-protecter posts, or the pump itself. it used to be somewhat of a problem if the pumps didn't have a full overhead roof ... but haven't seen a short roof now for many years, so it's not a problem to get out of the driver's side in the rain now.

but the big thing i like is that very few things on a vanagon are cramped, like on a honda. you can have normal sized hands and still work on a vanagon. well ...cept for tighting that dufus nut on the bottom of the pivot for the vent window. :( but most of the rest of the stuff has room for wrenches and hands.

unca joel