Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 28 Nov 2009 10:57:09 -0800
From:         "M. Jade" <tinho2010@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Avoid A-German Auto in San Jose

If you are looking for Vanagon or any German auto parts new or used never get near this place in San Jose Avenue in San Jose.

Two months ago I was looking for a signal light assembly for my Audi A4, which somehow fell off in the middle of a freeway somewhere. I called a few places and found this A-German Auto quoted a lowest price (almost 10% off). With no suspicion whatsoever I went there to check it out. The part looked fine except that there was no socket and electric wiring harness and no signal light bulb. I was then told that the electric harness was a separate item available at dealers. I trusted them and paid for it with my credit card.

Once I got back home I checked with other parts places again. I was told that the electric harness including a light bulb was included and was a part of the signal light assembly. It wasn't a separate part. What a bummer. I went back to A-German Auto and asked for a return. The guy there was a bit reluctant to accept my return at first. He even tried to charge me a 15% restocking fee. They accepted my return eventually with a poker joker face. I left the place and headed to a dealer and got a dealer part instead of an aftermarket one.

Well, more than a month later I found in my credit card bill a charge of something by A-German Auto on the day I bought and returned the part.What a bummer! They added $30 more actually. I called my bank and requested to dispute the charge by providing all evidences, papers. It took another 30 days for my bank to approve my request to dispute the charge. The bank had to cancel my credit card and issue a new one to me.

Don't get near to this place if you are looking for Vanagon parts. Clearly they first tried to scam me with the electrical harness removed although with a lower price. Had I accepted it I would have to pay extra for the electric harness. Then they tried to steal my money by charging me something I did not buy. When my bank investigated they provided a signed sales slip with somebody else's signature. It took zero time for my bank to approve my dispute.

A-German Auto is actually a wreck yard full of German junkies including wrecked Vanagons. I was warned by friends about this place some 25 years ago when I had a beetle and looked for used parts for it. I thought of giving it a try 25 years later. It proved again that it is a place definitely to avoid.

MJ in San Jose