Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 Nov 2009 10:27:53 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Thoughts on Travelling w/ 4 year old
Comments: To: MacAndrew Jack <macandrew1@MAC.COM>

When I was a child, and with my own daughter, we played a number of "road games." One involved accumulating totals of license plates from various states. When one saw a license plate from a state one simply claimed it by so announcing. Periodically, trivial prizes were awarded by an adult. Another game was "zip," which involved sighting white horses. Upon seeing one, a child said "zip." First child to a previously decided total won a trivial prize. Kept kids eyes peeled. More educational games are also possible, too of course. Lots of ways to keep 'em busy and reasonably quiet. But breaks and exercise are essential.

David McNeely