Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2009, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 30 Nov 2009 22:23:17 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Registering the Otter
Comments: To: Pat Sloan <pmsloan@SHAW.CA>

You need to read the full contract and terms of the collectors insurance policy. These are often loaded with lots of restrictions including miles driven, time of day use, parades, clubs, shows etc. They often will also require proof you own another vehicle. You also need to consider liability when parked,(camping). Do not rely fully on the agent.

As for towing insurance, the RV plans often offer other benefits such as trip interruption and may offer better towing options. For example towing any distance to a "Qualified" repair facility versus a mileage or money limit. This may not be helpful locally but if far from home may be a necessity.

Dennis