Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 Dec 2009 10:20:09 -0600
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Blower Fan troubles

I think that if your heater has ever been replaced before, whoever did the job would have used factory VW clips made for the job. If you get into one that has never been opened, you have to split it with a chisel and hammer and putty knife. Not for the faint of heart, but not too hard. And yes, the dash must come out, not that hard either. Get some flooring foam or other suitable and be prepared to replace the rotten foam flaps in the heater plenum. You don't want to go back in there to do that job.

Take digital pictures, use sticky tabs to mark where everything came from.

Jim

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 9:52 AM, Benny boy <huotb@videotron.ca> wrote: > http://www.benplace.com/dash.htm > > The clip are already there, some box are welded, or should i say glued and > some are not. But clip should be there. > > Have fun > > Ben > > > > On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 09:25:27 -0500, Cecil Eastman <ckelmo1@COMCAST.NET> wrote: > >>O Esteemed Listees, >> >>The bus's blower fan has become a better noisemaker than an instrument with > which to move around warm air.  So now I've got to get inside the heater box > and either repair it (probably not possible) or replace it (more likely). >> >>1.  What's the best way to access the heater box?  According to the > Bentley's, which is lacking detail on this issue, I've got to crack open the > heater box.  How much of the dashboard do I need to remove to get to the box? >>2.  Bentley's says that once the box is opened by breaking the welds I'll > need some clips to re-seal the box.  My FLAPS has no such article in stock. >  Anyone know of a supplier or a good substitute method of re-sealing the box? >> >>Thanks in advance, >>Cecil >>'85 Westy "Der Brotkasten" >