Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 4 Dec 2009 12:55:02 -0800
From:         Loren Busch <starwagen@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: [WetWesties] Proposed Camping Fee Hikes for Senior in Federal
              Campgrounds
Comments: To: oKear <o_sconet@yahoo.com>
Comments: cc: Wetwesties <Wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>,
          vwcamperfamily@yahoogroups.com

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 12:35 PM, oKear <o_sconet@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Loren > this is not an April Fool's joke is it??? I cant believe it. No socsec > raise this year, CA state parks always beyond my means and gone much higher > too. And what makes a concessionaire? - we have a NFS campground on Mt > PiƱos, north of LA - no water either and still about $16 (there was a time > when no water service meant no fee!). and a concessionaire provides the > 'camp host' . > this has to be fought, and NOW > what will we have left? - free entry to Natl parks and Monuments? - I > dont think so. Several years ago I was shocked at Mt Rushmore where they > give 'free entrance' but charge ~ $12 for the parking - and there is no > other option. > very distressed > - - Olive > Olive, your thoughts are identical to mine. And I was also surprised by the parking fee when arriving at Rushmore this year (although I remember it as $10 but my memory is not what it used to be). The only thing I can say about the Rushmore parking fee is it's good for the remainder of the calendar year, great for the locals taking visitors up there.

Some see this and other recent actions (proposed multi billion dollar cuts in Medicare, the proposal for a 'We'll determine when you die' committee (now scrapped) in the original Healthcare Reform Bill and the banning of anyone over 65 from getting Swine Flu shots) as writing off the senior citizen vote. Many won't agree with that but many seniors are starting to wonder.