Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 5 Dec 2009 12:41:48 -0800
From:         Bruce Todd <beeceetee@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: syncro, prop shaft R&Rreport
Comments: To: Alistair Bell <albell@shaw.ca>

Hi Alistair,

I've waiting to try the Volvo test and have just completed it. The van was cold however, and I'm not sure how much that comes into play. I believe the test suggested the vehicle be driven for 20 minutes or until warm. Regardless, I was over 40 ft lbs. I am looking to attempt the 2x4 test but am waiting to borrow a larger floor jack. I guess my question is whether you tested your van cold or warm?

That being said I still have fairly noticeable binding issues when turning into a tight parking stall after driving several hours on the highway - so the verdict on the VC is not in by any stretch of the imagination.

BT

86 Syncro Westy