Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Dec 2009 10:17:53 -0500
From:         Paul Guzyk <paullist08@GUZYK.COM>
Subject:      Re: Syncro as a daily driver?

Using a Syncro as a commuter vehicle is stupid IMHO. Why put wear and tear on a collectible vehicle if you are just driving yourself to work?

It's one thing if you are hauling around lots of stuff and need the room, but to drive yourself get a 2nd vehicle....it will be cheaper on gas, better for the environment, and make your syncro last longer...not to mention less likely to get in a wreck then have to deal with greedy insurance companies.

Buy an early 90's Corolla or Civic. They are reliable and cheap to buy, cheap on gas, cheap insurance, cheap and easy to fix (although not much maintenance required). I only drive my Vanagons now when I have to carry stuff/go camping....

---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: Rowan Tipton <uther@DRAGONHOME.ORG> Reply-To: Rowan Tipton <uther@DRAGONHOME.ORG> Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 09:56:03 -0500