Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Dec 2009 19:10:24 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: FS: 87 syncro westy weekender
Comments: To: Adrian Bertarelli <abertarelli@GMAIL.COM>

Sad to hear of your circumstances Adrian.

Sounds like a decent vehicle. Should go quickly.

A caution - money these days seems to go through the fingers as quickly as water and once gone - what will you sell next?? It is something to ask yourself.

John Rodgers Clayartist and Moldmaker 88'GL VW Bus Driver Chelsea, AL Http://www.moldhaus.com

Adrian Bertarelli wrote: > To all, > > I have a nice syncro westy weekender for sale in boulder co.(It is a > factory syncro westy, not a van converted into one.) I am posting > this to the vanagon list first, because this community has been such > an amazing resource over the years. I have been involved with this > list for many years, and the wisdom and the people that i have met > have enriched my life in more ways than i can express. I love my van, > it has been a passion and a love of mine, I have held on to it with > the hopes of making it the dream syncro. Every extra penny i have > had over the last 15 years (purchased the van in 1993) has gone > towards this van, and improving it. Over the last 15 years life has > changed very much for me. I have held on to my van in the hopes that > i could catch up to life and have the extra money to put into my van. > However due to bad economic times, i think it would be wise to let my > vanagon love go. Many people on this list can probably relate to my > plight. I have a wife, dogs, house, medical insurance, and all the > woes that life dishes out. I have always stood my ground on the van, > and always defended my hobbie, my love for that car, and the vision i > have for it. At times this car has been a thorn in my side, it has > caused family rifts,issues and many arguments. It is with great > sadness that i list this car for sale. I would love for somebody that > has the same passion for these cars to take her over. So what i have > to offer is a nice 87 syncro westy weekender. I will post this to the > vanagon list first, then craigs, and the samba. It is an 87 vanagon > westy weekender in the burgundy red color. I would like to sell it at > what i think is a reasonable price for a syncro around 12,000. It has > some wear, and some minor dents and dings. It does still have a 2.1 > with high miles on it. In the last 10 years i bet it has only driven > 30,000 miles. I don't drive it as a daily driver, because i haven't > wanted to put a ton of hard mountain miles on it. It has lived all of > its life in Colorado and Utah, and it is fairly rust free. I have > done some great upgrades and have put a lot of love into this car. > Things that have been updated: > > Transaxle- I had daryl of AA rebuild my tranny a few years ago > Front end > -new power steering rack > -new rubber bushings > -new brakes( rotors, calipers, pads) > -new vc > -new outer and inner front cv joints(yes both the outer expensive ones) > Driveline > -rebuit driveshaft > Suspension > - Old Man EMU shocks all around > -16 inch go westy wheels > -bfg all terrain ta's (brand new a month ago) > -Fastforward lift kit(springs and spacers) > Engine- this is wear i slacked off a bit. I always have wanted to do > an engine conversion so i havent spent much money on the 2.1 liter in > there. It runs great no major issues has vw vanagon syndrom fix plug, > replaced idle stablizer and afm. New cat and recent emissions. > Doesn't leak any coolant and never has. > > Spare, parts > -original front springs, no sag in them > -front bra > -all ac components(i live in Colorado and removed the compressor, we > don't really use ac here) > -tons of little interior bits( i found a brown interior westy and took > tons of interior brown parts, cabinet handles, door handles, all the > little things that break over time. The brown parts i call > un-obtanium) > -spare power steering pump > -spare radiator fan and shroud > -brand new clutch kit > -a known working vc(bought from a list member who did a solid shaft > and decoupler conversion) > -new cabinet molding and trim > -new poptop seal > -new skylight seal > > > > I will never recover the amount of money i spent on it. I have 10,000 > in parts on this car. I never intended to ever sell it. I will > consider all reasonable offers, but i am pretty firm. If anyone is > interested give me a call 303-443-1873 or email me > abertarelli@gmail.com. I have many pics of the van and would be > willing to send them to you. I will put the pics on snapfish this > weekend. It is a very fun car i hate to see it go, but there are > things in life that are more important right now so i have to give up > the vanagon obsession. If you have questions, or want to see the van, > or want to send a friend or listee too see the van, don't hesitate to > call. I will miss her dearly and hope that she goes to a great home. > Sorry for the long post hope it is not a waste of bandwith. > Adrian > > >