Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 12 Dec 2009 11:47:58 -0800
From:         Rob <becida@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: spotted pastel white van on the road USA ... hey thats me
Comments: To: Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>

All right, a road trip! Glad they let you into the USA in spite of having cat food...

Depending on your time factors, I might suggest a ferry ride to the west side of Puget Sound then follow 101 around past Port Angeles (there is a city campground, or was in PA if you are interested). Follow 101 past Forks (watch for vampires...) and down to the Columbia river. At that point you can head east towards the Columbia gorge area. FWIW Ft Stevens (Oregon state park) is not a bad place to stay. Oregon has no sales tax and nice state park campgrounds.

I wave at all the Vanagons I see <g>.

Rob becida@comcast.net Western WA state, USA

At 12/12/2009 11:31 AM,Roger Whittaker wrote: >dear fellow vanagoneriteonians > >we are on the road ... >this moment in seattle getting our selfs re aligned to the harmonics that is >usa >minor issues at the border crossing last night at douglas truck crossing ... >we had cat food and grapes and an apple >all verbotten ... > >interesting notes so far ... >went to radio shack to get a go phone cause it will be cheaper than paying >canadian carrier >they said the phone they sold us is blue tooth .. but it would seem not .. >all is propitiatory .. so i will have to get a hands free head set ... > >we are just now discussing how we shall approach the eastward motion i5 >south to la hang a left (pretending to avoid snow) >or ead west along columbia gorge ... > >email responses or updates will not be immediate ... likely as much as a day >or two behind ... >our on the road phone with unlimited calling is 206.225.5678 ... in case you >are broke down ... >... if we are broke down ... it will be BCAA for us ... >looking forward to the adventure >yours