Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 13 Dec 2009 14:01:39 -0500
From:         Mark A Kippert <vanagon@KIPPERT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Oil cooler coolant Leak ?

Tight access and limited visibility. Reminds me of when I changed the oil pan gasket on my daughters '88 Volvo 240DL. I was certain it was leaking and spent 7 hours under it putting in a new gasket. When I started it and watched it continue to leak (Arrrgghhh!!) I soon discovered it was the oil sending unit just one inch above the gasket. This time it was more apparent because just before I started working on the oil pan I pressure washed the engine. The dirt, grime and difficult access kept me from seeing it the first time around.

Took me 10 minutes to replace the sending unit. Arrrgh!

Mark K 1986 GL/2WD/4SPD