Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Dec 2009 22:44:53 -0700
From:         Bob Stevens <mtbiker62@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Left Passenger Wiper Failed after snow and ice build up,
              need some feedback on how to fix this please.
Comments: To: Robert Stewart <robertmstewart@mac.com>

A heads up tip regarding leaving the van out in snow/icy conditions: lift the wiper arm up enough to prop the blade-end nearest the pivot against the windshield. That way the blade can never freeze onto the windshield. Snow or ice also cleans off the windshield better when it hasn't fallen onto the windshield with the blade sitting on it. Or you can just pull the wiper arm all the way up and leave it up, but that runs the risk of falling back onto the windshield and freezing there.

There are a lot of posts in the archives about fixing stripped wiper arms.

bob