Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 16 Dec 2009 14:54:09 -0800
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Telemetry (was Re: Coolant pressure test... video.)

I'm not sure of Greg's age, but if he's under 30,or of the generation who's first toy was a computer, he might have expected a computer voice to come on saying "Low coolant, low coolant!" Maybe in the future emergency warnings might feature a hologram of a mechanic in overalls on the dash, pleading with you to pull over.

How about a automatic shutdown system like those found on portable generators? Problem with that is is might shut the engine off while you are passing a semi.

Or, even better: How about three warning lights, like for the Westfalia water tank, green, yellow and red? Green-all fine. Yellow- you should act now because you don't have much time left- and red- Sorry- your engine is toast!

Robert 1982 Westfalia