Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Dec 2009 08:03:14 -0800
From:         Al Knoll <anasasi@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: ... richly blessed ... amazing wife ... everything else nice
              too ... update on Pastel Van TOAST and other emails on van crash
Comments: To: Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@gmail.com>

See, it works! All the good thoughts put forth by this motley collection of OCD vanagon afficionados/crazies did it, or I would find it hard to believe that it didn't at least help to a significant degree.

When "ruby the red brick" was destroyed by a jacked up F150 driven by a jacked up barely-out-of-puberty 'dude' with an attitude, I salvaged much of the usable stuff for transplant into the 'next' syncro, now affectionally in her dotage at 200K miles plus. The lineage is continued with some of Ruby's indomitable spirit prominently placed in Bessie, the charolais camper. White with desert pinstriping by the way.

I think it would be nice to share the mailing address and names of the swampers there in 'Whyoming' with the crazies hereabout. I would be more than pleased to at least send their company a glowing note regarding the exceptional efforts made by those particular employees on the behalf of a traveling band of gitane-strangers and wavey cats.

As I may have mentioned before, cats, especially beloved cats, are amazingly durable and resourceful. Not surprised to find that Wavey was waiting, but the extra effort and concern shown by the 'swampers' regarding Waveys' welfare should be publicly commended (see above). Never sure about omens and talismans but near as I can tell from a distance they do little harm and perhaps great good.

With all the disasters in our world, I was devoutly hoping that your story would not add to the burden and I am so glad that the "christmas story of Wavey the cat's great adventure" was as uplifting as it has been.

It's a big circle, but a circle none the less.

Pensionerd. (owned by two cats)