Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Dec 2009 12:16:36 -0500
From:         Greg Potts <greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>
Subject:      Re: Telemetry (was Re: Coolant pressure test... video.)
Comments: To: Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>

Hi Ben,

"Way over 30?" Thanks. Some days I can see 50 bearing down on me like an oncoming train. Not that it means anything, it's just a number. I stopped aging in my head a long time ago. Now I just notice that it's taking longer to heal when I screw up...

You are correct in remembering that my vanagon has a 1.9, but it's configured with the 2.1L cooling and FI as originally equipped on the 87 chassis.

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts on the matter, I am certainly going to pay more attention to the flashing lights from now on and will probably stock the van with a roll or two of that fancy silicon "rescue tape" and a gallon or two of coolant as well, just in case.

I definitely enjoy the simplicity of the aircooled engine but I have been irrevocably spoiled now by the power steering and heat offered by the watecooled vanagon.

Happy Trails,

Greg Potts Toronto, Ontario Canada 1973/74/79 Westfakia "Bob the Tomato" 1987 Wolfsburg Weekender Hardtop www.busesofthecorn.com www.pottsfamily.ca

Benny boy wrote: > Don't worry, Craig is way over 30, and a gentlemen on top. > > As for his question i think i know why, Craig has a Air-Cool logo stamp on > his heart :-)SNIP