Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Dec 2009 20:40:04 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Who as a van for sale?
Comments: To: miguel pacheco <mundopacheco@GMAIL.COM>

Hi Miguel, yes.....I hear you loud and clear on the 'leaving out vital infoformation' - drives me nuts when people do that, like where the thing is, however......for a list of 8 vans. I thought saying details and price about each one was .....well, it would just get to long and 'TMI' - too much information.

The 87 Wolfsburg is in the $ 4,000 to 7,000 range depending on how good I get it in the end. It is currently running, but I want to keep making things better on it. I will consider all possibilities though .......like if someone wanted to without engine, for a Subaru conversion, for example. Of if they want it running decently, and will take on the dent repairs themselves, for example.

the sunroof 82....and it is darn cherry. I have the original window price sticker, showing the sunroof price, the EPA mileage rating, etc. and the salesman's business card from when it was sold in Portland OR. Not a spec of rust on it anywhere. I have a freshly done head for it, and am currently putting in new rings and rod bearings. Total miles are only 124 K, and part of that was towed behind an RV evidently - as there are tow bar brackets welded under the front bumper . It has only gone an average of 4,000 miles per year in its life ! Thais van ...... with absolutely nothing to apologize for .......perhaps even a fully rebuilt engine or a 1.9 ..... ................ I have a freshly bored out 1.9 block btw........ with brand new .5 mm oversize german pistons, rebuilt rods, new rod bearings , new VW main bearing bolts, new genuine VW rod bolts etc. ......I just need to put the pistons in it, and I need a good used head for it ......but ..... with a really good fresh and strong engine in it .........especially in the Spring, I'd want up to $ 11,000 for it. I also have a DK trans that if good ( haven't driven it yet ) that could go in it, so it could cruise at 65 mph. easily. but the 'now' price is 6,500 .........that would be the stock engine installed and running. and pretty much everything sorted out , and that even sounds low to me right now ..... but ...........that range, 6K at the very low, and up to 11,000 if really done up really fine.

and .......if anyone has a 1.9 Cylinder Head for sale, a good used one .,...I need one. The one I have now has tiny cracks near two pre-chambers.

Scott stay cozy ! happy holidays ! www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "miguel pacheco" <mundopacheco@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2009 7:54 PM Subject: Re: Who as a van for sale?

Scott, I'm interested in the 87 Carat and the 82 Diesel Sunroof, but...........how much are you asking? It really aggravates me when people leave out vital information...I mean how do you expect...........kidding, hardi har har! We're all famous for something, right? Miguel

'In heaven all the interesting people are missing.' - Friedrich Nietzsche

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 8:34 PM, Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@turbovans.com> wrote: > I'm way out on the west coast, > in Southern Oregon. > I have .....let's see, 8 vanagons that are worthy of investing effort, > energy, and $ into. > No rust on any of them, or at worst, isolated small spots of surface rust. > No body cancer, no seam rust etc. > the list ........ > some run, some are awaiting me finding time to make them all happy again, > but all are mostly dent free, and no rust. > > 87 Limited Edition Wolfsburg - 'the first carat' . That model only comes > in > silver I believe, has lower springs stock, lots of goodies. 3 dented > areas. > 86 GL, auto trans, Silver, near perfect body. Great interior. PS, AC. > 82 Sunroof diesel vanagon, almost showroom condition, barely one tiny > ding, > stored indoors the last two years, or longer. > rare 83 5-speed Sunroof Diesel Vanagon , not bad condition either. Great > candidate for a waterboxer or Subaru gas engine, or whatever. > 84 blue and white 'L' model vanagon - one small ding, perfect interior. > rare 1984, 9 passenger non-walk through Red & White vanagon, some dings. > no > rust. Seats 8 currently. > 87 GL, white, using it for a mule to run a Subaru engine in right now - > plan > to put a Westy top on it, to make a faux Weekender. > Just in - and not bad. 1985 GL Westy, manual trans, PS, AC zero rust, a > small ding or two, very good tent and poptop. It's missing the > stove/fridge/sink unit, and the propane tank, otherwise all there and > stock. > Servicing it throughout currently. > > yep, that's eight . Might one of those do ? > > ( and I have others too..........that could be brought back to life, or > make > great parts vans. Got 3 of those ) > oh......and a teal-turquoise Eurovan Multi-van, with 5 speed manual > trans - > project or for parts. > > Scott > www.turbovans.com > > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Benny boy" <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA> > To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2009 3:51 PM > Subject: Who as a van for sale? > > >> Hey, i could use some help. The winter look calm for me and that is not >> good >> $$$. >> I have been fully booked till now and i still have a conversion to do but >> I >> need more work for the hard winter months. >> >> I have a customer ready to invest in a project, a Subi conversion + paint >> job, good for me, but he as no van... >> >> So we are looking for a good deal, we don't care about the engine of >> course. >> Minimal rust if possible, good transmission and good general mechanical >> condition. >> >> Location, well, it depend on the asked price, but east coast would be >> easier. >> >> I have been looking on Craiglist, locally and on The Samba but didn't >> find >> much. >> >> Anyway, if any of you have a good source I would appreciate that. >> >> That would be a nice project for January/February. >> >> Thank you >> Ben >> http://www.benplace.com/ >