Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 18 Dec 2009 10:22:48 -0500
From:         Paul Guzyk <paullist08@GUZYK.COM>
Subject:      Re: More Prhyeday Phollowup on BUs Stolen 35 Years Ago
Comments: To: mark drillock <mdrillock@COX.NET>

AFAIK autocheck/carfax only have databases for 17digit VINS, i.e. vehicles from around 1981 and newer. Old busses are SOL.

If the State of California issued a "clean title" on a stolen vehicle, they must be somewhat at fault.....how come the feds have access to a database of old stolen vehicles but the state DMV does not? Does not make sense at all....this means you can re-title an old stolen vehicle and drive it forever in the US with a clean title....at least until you try to export it. All state DMVs should query the federal database of stolen vehicles whenever transfer of registration occurs...especially without a physical title in hand which must have happened at some point.

Buyer should sue the CA DMV, good luck suing them though....

BTW, the bus is up to $27k pre-bidding at copart.com, auction not even started yet.,,

---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: mark drillock <mdrillock@COX.NET> Reply-To: mark drillock <mdrillock@COX.NET> Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 06:59:36 -0800