Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 19 Dec 2009 18:04:30 -0800
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: lazy...thread type on shifter knob
Comments: To: mark drillock <mdrillock@cox.net>

I may have a syncro 5-sp trans in my 84 then, cause it seems to want 'down' for first and for reverse. Also, my first is an almost granny gear...I hardly ever use it unless I am stopped on a steepish hill and have to start or if I am on a really rough road and need to go slowly...My first winds-out at about 10mph, and it seems like a waste of time to use it during a normal start..If I do use first to start out. I am shifting about half way through the intersection after a stop signal... Curiosity leads me to ask if there is a way to determine which tranny I have..a number on the case or something...?

I guess one of those lable makers might help out "guest-drivers"...Put a sticker on the dash, "Down for Reverse" maybe Don Hanson