Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Dec 2009 21:47:58 -0800
From:         Melissa Mourkas <westywoman@MAC.COM>
Subject:      June VW Campout in CA: Train Spotting 2- June 11-13, 2010

Train Spotting 2 is a VW campout located off Highway 70 in Northern California's Plumas County. In the inaugural year (2009), we had about 13 VW busses of all vintages (1959 to 1991) show up for the event. This will be the second year and we hope to grow the numbers and meet new people. It takes place the weekend before the Deschutes River VW campout in Oregon, so it will either include those migrating north to Oregon or provide an alternative to the more northern gathering. The campout is located at Hallsted campground, a NFS campground in Twain, CA. No showers, but the flush toilets and running water are lovely. It is located in an area noted for it's railroad history, hot springs and very scenic drive through the Feather River Canyon. You will hear trains climbing or descending the rail line on the other side of the Feather River 24/7.

Reservations are now open for Hallsted Campground, June 11-13, 2010. Site 13 is mine and home for the event. Reservations are not required - we were the only ones there last year - but it is good to get a core group of at least 6-10 sites reserved. 2 vehicles per site are allowed and sharing is encouraged. As it is a small, 20-site campground, the more real estate we can reserve, the better. Then, volks can decide amongst themselves to share. Sites 6-15 are the best for the gathering. Reservations at: www.recreation.gov.

See my website for more information: http://www.westywoman.com/Home/Train_Spotting_Welcome.html

Please consider joining us for this event - it is a mellow, family- and dog-friendly group which tends to enjoy red wine and campfire talk. I am the organizer- feel free to e-mail me with any questions.

Melissa

Melissa Mourkas '84 Westy Honey Bee Sacramento, CA www.westywoman.com