Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Dec 2009 21:05:04 -0500
From:         craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Transmission Questions
Comments: To: Jonce Fancher <streetbugs@verizon.net>

My understanding of the transmission options is that from 83.5-91 the transmissions are the same except for the stronger 3/4 slider hub that was installed in 87-91 vans. The aircooled vans and the diesel vans are both different than the WBX vans, and have different gearing each. (so there are 3 different gearing options). The Diesel van has a different bellhousing, and all vans up to 84 had a different shifting system with many hard to obtain parts. I'm not sure that an aircooled van has the gearing you want for a zetec, but i'm not sure what the gearing differences are between them, just always believed they were different.

Please correct me if i'm wrong, as there are many more knowledgeable than myself here.

-Craig '85GL turned WESTY BOSTIG in the back