Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 24 Dec 2009 00:18:30 -0500
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      pastel white van first discussion with insurance
Comments: To: Wetwesties <wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>

dear vanagoniters finally got to talk to insurance today they were very excited that i should call the recovery company and tell them to release the vehicle when i called the owner of ddTowing and recovery of Wamsutter wy was explicitly on side with me he knew i wanted first refusal rights and would not release the wreck to the insurance co until i said it was ok ... thanks john ... but alas the insurance co can not have their adjuster /appraiser look at it until it was located in brighton colorado (no "h") ;) so i called john at dd towing and recovery ... told him what was going on he says once i release it to them it will end up in auction only ... my insurance co had already told me that //// sigh

then i asked the insurance rep if my declared value had any relevance ... she said just a minute i will look that up ... "oh" --silence "you had declared 30K$" " i will tell the appraiser that" then i says ... i have been reading your web site on how this process works and i understand you are to have a comparable vehicle .. i know there are none in north america ... pretty sure you will not find one ... this is an unusual vehicle on this side of the pond ... but i have the web address of several in europe that are comparable ... she says if the appraiser has trouble locating simaliar vehicles .. she will put me in touch with him ... he is bob of Property Damage appraisals ... then i called the office that wrote the original paper work (which i lost in the wreck)

and it says right in the top lines 30K declared value so we shall see .. also i have registered a sa motor home and motor homes automatically get 2000 insurance on contents so we shall see what is what in the coming weeks ...

i also sent along the links ot the news stories of the cat ... wavey seems to be the star and she sent back a note o fthanks for that good news story all is well .. you have all been wonderful in your personal comments ... thank you now begins the business portion of the event yours

-- roger w From Proverbs: Under three things the earth trembles, under four it cannot bear up: a servant who becomes king ... ---------------------------------------------------------- Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://revver.com/find/video/?query=LastonLastof&search_on=owners and ... older work at http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7135104650374818257 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3259745150182742364