Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 Jan 2010 09:01:38 -0800
From:         Daryl Christensen <daryl@AATRANSAXLE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Insurance..... some forethought.
Comments: To: Greg Potts <greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>
Comments: cc: Syncro@yahoogroups.com

I chatted with an independent insurance appraiser the other day..He had an interesting way to go about documentation for ins purposes. Appraisals are only good on the day they are given as far and an ins. Co. is concerned. What was valid then is not now. He suggests the following... Take pictures of everything with a date stamp..top bottom inside & out. Show upholstery condition, dash, all of it. Copies of every receipt in its history. Place in envelope and mail it to yourself...When you receive it..DON'T open it..Just put it away. Do this every year. That way you have a Post Ofc date stamp on the envelope as a proof of date. If you have a major problem such as fire or total, you would give the UNOPENED file to the ins co and start the process of negotiation. He seems to think this will start the process of valuation on a higher note and show your well prepared for the whole process. Obviously YMMV, but I thought to throw this out there as it just may help. I have a stated value policy that I will change to an agreed value to try to get a leg up on it after I can start driving it again this summer. Daryl of AA Transaxle 425-788-4070 "On the cutting edge of Old technology" 86 Syncro Westy Zetec