Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 2 Jan 2010 09:52:53 -0500
From:         Mike <mbucchino@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: HasenWerk 2010 Grand Opening
Comments: To: Sudhir Desai <sudhir.desai@GMAIL.COM>

How about totally automated? A couple of open lines between the 2 tanks (on the upper level and lower level) so it's self-leveling......

Mike B. ----- Original Message ----- From: Sudhir Desai To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Saturday, January 02, 2010 9:15 AM Subject: Re: HasenWerk 2010 Grand Opening

To make it a bit more automated, but just as simple, the transfer pump could kick in when the resistance on the fuel guage (assuming you have a working guage), goes up/down to the quarter-tank resistance, and back off when it goes to the three-quarter-tank resistance.

Sudhir

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 22:13, Al Knoll <anasasi@gmail.com> wrote: > The Feynman solution to the pickup and such on the aux fuel tank is to > simply use the tank as a transfer tank. A simple pump is used to transfer > the contents to the main tank when it is empty enough. Can be done > underway. No dual fuel pumps, no high pressure lines, just a transfer pump > and switch and of course a working fuel guage on the main tank. > > "Things should be a simple as practicable, but no simpler" > > Al (AH-1 gunner) > > On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 9:31 PM, TJ Hemrick <x53gunner@gmail.com> wrote: > >> David, >> >> You just couldn't do it. You just couldn't stay away. A few years ago >> when we exchanged emails and over the past several years of reading between >> the lines of posts here on the list, I sensed some dissatisfaction and >> occasional disgust with some unruly customers. I completely understood >> your >> sentiments. I hope things go much better now. Although, I must say, >> they're still out their so don't let them ruffle your feathers. >> Damn glad you're back. >> Now, about the plans for those aux fuel tanks and how to rig the >> pickups.... ;) >> >> Great way to start the new year, >> >> Ciao' >> >> TJ Hemrick >> 87 Syncro >> Melbourne Florida >> >> Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 10:07:03 -0800 >> From: David Marshall <mailinglist@FASTFORWARD.CA> >> Subject: HasenWerk 2010 Grand Opening >> >> <style type=3D"text/css"> >> -> >> </style> >> After a two year sabbatical I would like to >> announce that HasenWerk is now officially open for business as of January >> 1st 2010. Unlike my former business, Fast Forward Automotive, >> I have reduced my product scope and will focus mainly on engine conversio= >> n >> wiring harnesses and accessories for Volkswagen Vanagon a Suzuki Samurai >> vehicles. One of the new areas that I am getting into is custom chip >> tuning for Vanagons with TDI and 1.8T engines so that the power is >> &ldquo;softer&rdquo; on the gear box. >> Please feel free to visit http://www.hasenwerk.ca and take a >> look at what I have to offer and as well see photos from my various BMW G= >> S >> and Volkswagen Syncro adventures. >> May everyone have a happy and prosperous >> 2010! >> >> David Marshall >> VW Adventure Driver and BMW Adventure Rider >> =20 >> HasenWerk=20 >> http://www.hasenwerk.ca >> >