Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 Jan 2010 21:47:42 -0800
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      only slightly sad that there is no van in the yard tonight

dear friends

arrived back in powell river tonight ... safe and sound .. (thanks carl/cindy for the loan of the vehicle to return in ...)

jena's injury to her leg is healing well ... it made for a longer trip to combine the avoidance of snow ... with the leg becoming bothersome to jena over the many hours of travel ... in conjunction with the inability to pull over and take a rest when ever we felt like a sleep in the back ... all rolled into the rhythm of staying in hotels night after night ... began to feel like a rock star ... on tour ... arrive ..unload contents of vehicle to prevent loss deal with food and personal details ... leg injury dressing .... sleep ... wake ... reload contents ... all the stuff that one would not have to deal with if the westie was in good order

left pemberville ohio on the afternoon of the 29 and arrived here in poewll river in the evening of the 10 ... 26 days since the incident and fully one month since we first pulled the van up to the door to load up it has been a long and winding road ...

the border was hesitant at first ... then the initial CBSA Officer came in from outside and requested the newspaper story ... the one given to us by jena s uncle s father in law ... the story from the sentinal describing Wavey the Wonder Cat and showing the wreck a little while later we were called back to the counter and told that a discussion would be commenced with his supervisor ... twenty minutes later and one arrest later we were admitted with the borrowed vehicle .... the arrest was some person attempting to enter canada at the same time as us ... his party of four were somewhat perturbed by the development ...

next week commences the discussions with insurance company ... we shall keep everyone appriosed with what happens ... then we shall commence to life as a lurker ...until we get another westie ...:)

my amazing wife ... is such a great sport .. hardly a peep of complaint from her ... she has been so wonderful ...every step ...every mile ... as one always advises a person contemplating a Westfalia purchase how do you handle crises ... has a couple ..it is the most important question in Westfalia ownership ... yours

-- roger w From Proverbs: Under three things the earth trembles, under four it cannot bear up: a servant who becomes king ... ---------------------------------------------------------- Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://revver.com/find/video/?query=LastonLastof&search_on=owners and ... older work at http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7135104650374818257 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3259745150182742364