Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 9 Jan 2010 23:05:24 -0800
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Burningvan Report

I got there after dark. Earlier in the afternoon, I had my 16" a few blocks from The Great Highway. CV's clunking rather suddenly. Limped it back to shop and used a newly acquired A1 diesel Jetta. As I rattled onto the parking lot, it was easy to see there was a good turn-out. Nice to see old friends both people and vehicles. I may have been late but was one of the last to leave. Around 10pm-ish, the Park Rangers started cruising the parking lot about to tell people the parking lot is officially closed. I left with Kim Springer, (ew friends) Simee (sp?) and Garrett still chatting. Everyone else from the group had departed. Fires were still bring high on the beach.

BenT

---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Steve Schwenk <steve@syncro.org> Date: Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 9:32 PM Subject: [syncro.org] Burningvan Report To: "syncrolist@yahoogroups.com" <syncrolist@yahoogroups.com>

I rolled into the parking lot along ocean beach just as the sun was dipping into the pacific, my syncro finally repaired and running great. The vans could be seen from a good distance away, two rows of about 30 total, many with their pop tops popped, protruding above the waves. There were fires burning on the beach. People were scattered around in small groups. As I drew in closer, the vans seemed to glimmer in the setting sun, giving off that glean of rare exotic automotive hardware. My first syncro/vanagon event in over three years! Wow. I was psyched.

And it all went by so fast. So many neat people, so many cool vans, so many good stories. But alas, duty called, and I had to go. Old Christmas trees were being heaped on the fire as I left, flames shooting 20 feet in the air, lighting up the whole beach. Burningvan. Cool, man. Cool.

Steve

<*> To change settings via email: syncrolist-digest@yahoogroups.com syncrolist-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com